38 Feet 1932 Gar Wood "Miss America X"
Four Packard V12 Engines
125mph - The record held until the 1960's
How much is a trillion?
One million AND one billion are at the far left
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tried to sleep in the bed. Pain woke me up, so I spent the rest of the night in the recliner with a heating pad on my back. The heat makes me itch, so I wiggle around until I can reach the itch with a back scratcher.
Frist the photos... LOVE the last one!!! Ella does rock!!
ReplyDeleteNon TTWD related:
Re: back Itch I know it well because I use a heating pad for lower back pain quite often. S0, I tried a back scratcher and it was hard get to places so I ordered an exfoliating towel from Amazon. That does the trick !!!
I can reach anywhere with the scratcher. With this brand-new thing, I try to minimize movement at the waist. So inching forward a couple of inches to get the scratcher back there is a pain.
DeleteI use it to drag my Crocs closer to me to put on when I kick them off, and they bounce out of reach. Also handy to tap Bacall with.
The Miss America series were the absolute pinnacle of speed boat design. Gar Wood's record still stands for propeller boats. Subsequent, attempts with jet engines meant that thrust was much greater than could be achieved with propellers. One can only wonder what Gar Wood could have achieved with a jet engine. The 1978 water speed record set by Warby the Australian, in a home built boat still stands.
ReplyDeleteI've no experience of wood paddles, most of the girls here won't take them.
Sorry to hear of the pain issues,
There were quite a few Chris-Crafts on the river where we spent Summers. I did not even hear of a Garwood until I was much older.
DeleteThe family across from us had a Chris-Craft Riviera. The grandfather would take his granddaughter out in the morning when the water was flat. I remember her long, shapely legs,
I tended to avoid gals that did not enjoy wood.
itching and Hydrocodone seem to go together -
ReplyDeleteBogey -- Has your health taken a turn for the worse? No posts since the 3rd... Hope you are hanging in there. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking. I have a compressed disc in my back and a fractured shoulder from my fall. I can't type or mouse. It will be five-plus weeks until I can think about posting.
DeleteMan oh man. When it rains, it pours. Those injuries on top of your other healthy issues. Hope the rehab goes okay and you will feel up to posting again after however many weeks it takes to get back to being able to use your computer. All the best.
DeleteDamn, sorry to hear about your fall, Bogey. We are all thinking about you out here. Take care of yourself, and we will still be here when you recover.
DeleteThanks for letting us know what happened… best wishes for your recovery.
ReplyDelete