Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Saturday, March 11, 2017

On Trump

Trump was not our pick. In fact, there was no one running that we had any real taste for. Considering the alternative, we are OK with Trump.

I have thought for a month what I wanted to say about Trump. An excerpt from an interview of Camila Paglia says it better than I could.


From the anti-feminist feminist:
Paglia was not surprised by the election results. “I felt the Trump victory coming for a long time,” she told me. Writing last spring, she’d called Trump “raw, crude and uninformed” but also “smart, intuitive and a quick study”; she praised his “bumptious exuberance and slashing humor” (and took some pleasure in watching him fluster the GOP). Speaking two weeks into his administration, she sounded altogether less troubled by the president than any other self-declared feminist I’d encountered since Inauguration Day: “He is supported by half the country, hello! And also, this ethically indefensible excuse that all Trump voters are racist, sexist, misogynistic, and all that — American democracy cannot proceed like this, with this reviling half the country.”

We like most of his cabinet appointments. We fully support a return to the rule of law. We disagree with him on trade. We wish him well in cutting through the bureaucracy, but that will be some heavy lifting.

We snicker when libtards make fun of his hair. Really? Is that all they have? I think it all a part of the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It may not be the case, but it seems women are unhinged about Trump than men. No rational reasons are given. Just fear and loathing.



This is supposed to demean Trump. Well, who the hell wants someone griping and bitching all the time? Not me. If that's your definition of misogynistic, well color me one.



3 comments:

  1. Have to say I agree with everything you shared. Trump was definitely not my first choice of all the Republicans running in the primary but will take him over Hillary any day. But bottom line...I am a US citizen so that makes him my president so I will support him to the best of my ability for the good of my country. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, our country, our president. We might even be surprised. More than once a President has turned a corner and proved to be more than expected. I think even with the Republican Congress, it will be Congress that thwarts Trump.

      Delete
  2. I didn't care for any of the slate that was running on the GOP ticket either. As the campaign went on and Trump started knocking off others one by one I began to like him more and more. Not a politician at all, more if a street fighter. It was a change from what was considered normal inthe political spectrum and I wanted it. I still may not agree with all his ideas but I'll support him as I did his predecessor. Given the chance he may just solve a lot of what's wrong with this country.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.