Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Monday, August 17, 2015

Aunt Bacall

Readers may recall that Bacall has had three medical issues with her paddling arm in the last three years. She has been out of commission 15 months over the last 32 months. Now that she is as recovered as she ever will be, I thought I would detail the issues.

Shoulder surgery – January 2013 – She went to PT for four months and was mostly back to normal by August.

Fractured wrist – September 2014 – After six weeks in a cast and a month or so of PT she was mostly whole by the next February.

Carpal tunnel surgery – June 2015 – The down time was not as long. A month of PT and after another month she can blister my bottom with gusto.

In the last few weeks she has been giddy that she is once again able to make me squirm when she puts the wood to me. She went on for days about red she made me. I think I like this. Anyway, I am now getting paddled about once a week. When I wake up with a dream of of being paddled, I share it with her and she makes it reality. It feels a lot better in the dream.

4 comments:

  1. Great news that Bacall is back in action. She' making up for lost time.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonders of modern medicine. I sometimes wonder what my wife's orthopedic surgeon would think if he knew that his amazing skills at replacing her hip were celebrated by a good, bent over the edge of the bed spanking/caning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit of irony in that Don. We hope you enjoy OBB.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear Bacall is recovering nicely from the sounds if it.

    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.