Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Tale Of Woe

Bacall pecked this out with one-finger.

Life is not good right now for Bogey and Bacall.  Eight weeks ago, I fell and fractured/shattered my wrist.  We were in northern California and decided to return home in order to have our local orthopedic surgeon handle it.  The wrist did not healed the way the doctor thought it would, so now we are in a wait and see stage - will I be able to live with it the way it is or will I need surgery in the future.  I know it will never be 100%.  What I want is to be able to dress myself, fix my face and hair, feed myself and paddle Bogey.  I am right handed and my left hand does not have the coordination any where close to the right hand.  I was in a cast from fingers to shoulder for four weeks after the temporary cast and now I am in a short cast, which is below the elbow, so at least I can move my arm.  Poor me.

While on our trip in Oregon,  we stopped at a wood shop and bought some Myrtlewood so Bogey could make a tray.  There was extra to make a paddle.  He made a very nice paddle and it is much better than the one we bought there several years ago.  He has given me some test pops with it and it certainly does have a mighty sting!  But I would not attempt to try it on him because I know it could not be properly used, so Bogey hasn't felt the paddle yet.  Poor Bogey.

P1020360 P1020361

The weather has been perfect for trips to the woodshed, but we haven't be able to enjoy that yet.  So, that is our story of woe.  But as the saying goes, "this too shall pass".  Part of my physical therapy will be swinging a paddle and also being able to bend over and take paddle pops, with smiles on both of our faces.

 

The new paddle is light, only 1/4 inch thick and should be quite stingy. I am worried that her swinging the paddle might not be the best physical therapy for her. I am sure it would do me a world of good.

5 comments:

  1. Bacall, so sorry, poor you.

    That paddle looks thin but think it would be a real stinger. Bogey should go into the paddle making business.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why we grow Myrtlewood here -- to make paddles. Get well soon and thank you for your contribution to the Oregon economy.

    Rollin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about what you are going through, Bacall.
    That is a wicked sweet paddle, Bogey. Would love to feel it in my hand ... and on my behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a speedy recovery and sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and hope you have a speedy and solid recovery

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.