Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Juxtaposition

 

1. an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.

2. the state of being close together or side by side.

One of my fav female vocalists is Emmylou Harris. I recall exactly where I was the first time I heard Boulder to Birmingham. I just don’t get tired of listening to her. I admit that I had crush on her.

This is one of her later songs, after her hair grays. Red Dirt Girl. Being a Vietnam veteran and growing up in the red dirt of Alabama, the juxtaposition of these two elements in the lyrics make this one very poignant to me.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Emmylou is one of the best natural harmony vocalists working in bluegrass/country. Listen to her singing "Evangeline" with Levon Helm of The Band on "The Last Waltz".

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.