Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Damned CAPTHCA’s

I opened up comments to anonymous folks a month or so back. But added moderation so I could delete the spam. I am tired of deleting the spam, so I have kept anonymous comments, but added the cursed CAPTCHA’s  (I learned that is stands for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart. God rest Alan Turing.

Since I have installed Ghostery to keep out third party cookies, widgets and other evil web things, I have also changed to embedded comments which most other Blogs use.

I hope this will be an improvement for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I also went to allowing anonymous commenters I but don't get that many comments (sometimes you drop by) anyway so no big deal. But I now get a lot of annoying spam comment stuff. So what to do? I don't like the capcha thing, but I can't open it up wide. It's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma as Yogi Berra would say.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.