Monday, January 7, 2013

What’s New

Bacall writes:

2013 is not starting off as a great year for us.  I have a torn rotator cuff and bone spurs in my right shoulder. This means surgery and months of therapy.  Poor me, I will be in pain and lose the use of my right arm for a while.  Well, that's enough about me.

Poor Bogey - the problem has been ongoing for several months, getting worse all the time.  What that means is that my paddling arm is not what it used to be. I can't swing the paddle long and hard and Bogey doesn't get the full benefit. Now I will not be able to swing the paddle at all for a while. I certainly don't think the question of how long it will be before I can use the paddle is something to discuss with my surgeon or therapist.

 

Bogey sezs: Her reduced paddle swinging ability has meshed quite nicely with my reduced need for red cheeks. Pink is my new preferred color. While she is on the mend, I will just focus on her backside.

 

I showed Bacall this bit of eye candy and asked if she wanted to paddle him. Without a pause, she said “No, I want to go over his lap.” I am shocked.

 

bacall

9 comments:

  1. Bacall, this could be your chance to try something new. Use your uninjured arm to wield the paddle. Bogey will probably feel some very different sensations until you get into the swing of things.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

  2. I read her your comment. She giggled and said she would have to give me some more pops this week before surgery.

    As for left handed swings, not with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacall, I was thinking the same as Hermione, chance for to try out a few different implements. Could be fun.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I don't think you gals know anyone who has had this surgery. We are trying to keep a positive attitude about it, but it's one of the most painful procedures you can have.

      Delete
  4. Bacall, I am familiar with the surgery and understand your concerns. Best wishes on a quick and successful recovery. However, I am sure that Bogey will still need your ministrations. A good left armed swing will still give Bogey something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Bogey here, I am not at all worried about missing getting paddled for a few months. I am going to miss paddling her bottom. I gave her a paddling this morning and will repeat it Wednesday.

      Delete
  5. Bacall, Bogey,

    I am sorry I wasn't being flippant. Bacall, I hope a quick recovery.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best for your surgery, Bacall! I cross my fingers for you to recover as fast as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cuff was not in need of repair, so that is a good thing. Spurs smoothed. Arthritis clean out. Inflammation cleaned out. Doc says she will be in her Lazy Girl for 2-3 weeks.

      Delete

Feedback is always appreciated.