Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slippered

I have never been spanked with a slipper or sandal. I can not recall using one either. Like the cane, I think it is a common instrument in Great Britain. Not so much in the USA.

I recall a childhood chum’s Mom using her wooden sandal on him. She caught us smoking at age 14. I thought she was going paddle me with it also. Based on the howls I heard from him, she knew how to use it. Darn handy to have a instrument so convenient to use.

slipper

Like slippers, canes and gym pumps are almost unknown in the states. (The generic for gym pumps was tennis shoes when I was a lad. That was before Nike, etc. and $200 shoes)

The popular instruments here are the hairbrush with anything else a distant second. Then in some order, belts, rulers, wood spoons, paddles. Paddles are the only instrument used in schools and not that many schools anymore.

All of the slippers I have seen here would not faze a flea.  Wooden sandals yes.

4 comments:

  1. You must have some tough flees around your way. You only have to look at my blog to see what a good slippering can do, of course it depends on who is holding the slipper...Headmaster is an expert.
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt the slipper and sandal and both not to my liking:(

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem quite adamant about them.
      I say we should get exactly what we want.

      Delete
    2. And I wouldn't disagree with you in your situation. But in a punishment scenario one very often gets what one doesn't want. Horses for courses as it were.
      No disrespect intended.
      Kind regards. Gary.

      Delete

Feedback is always appreciated.