Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Breaking Paddles - II

Bacall got around to reading the post. Amazing, she had something to say about it. It’s always rare, but appreciated, when Bacall writes.

I must comment on the broken paddle.  The first paddle pop stung.  So while I prepared myself mentally for next pop, something strange happens.  I hear the wind whistling through the holes, I feel something touch my bottom, but ever so lightly.  Then I hear, "You broke the paddle!"  Of course, I turned and looked.  It was lying on the floor and the handle was in his hand.  He had an look on his face like he just couldn't believe it.  There was lots of laughing and as reported, I as was very proud.  Then he fixed the paddle, made the handle very strong and I haven't laughed any more.

Note: The day she stops laughing will be her last.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love a sense of humour in our community. It sounds like Ms. BaCall is no exception.

    As far as breaking paddles, I have had it happen at least twice: once in a club where the paddle shattered into 1,000 pieces in front of probably 100 people. It was awesome to be the 'star' of the moment. The other time I was taking paddle swats from my eX and the paddle split. At first we didn't realize what happened but it would pinch me upon impact. It was a very strange sensation.

    Love these kinds of posts.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.