Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dealing With Our Demons

I have known of Erica Scott for over a decade. I was a long time, but occasional, reader of SCSW. 

ThumbnailImage
I am not going to write a review of her new book Late Bloomers. Others with better word skills than I possess have already done that. I will just say that I found it an enjoyable read and commend it to you.

Erica and I have more a few intersections in our personal lives – similar parents being one thing in common. Not all of us had Ozzie and Harriet parents like Bacall did. As Erica relates her early life, I found it easy to understand the neuroses she has, having been down some of the same road.

Where we differ is that she has kept a journal and I have attention deficit disorder. While most of my life is blur, her recall is perfect. It’s a coin toss for me. Is recalling the details of childhood pain better or is it best to be blissfully ignorant of a large part of your past?

She makes reading even the darker parts of her life interesting. And she shows how embracing her spanking desires has helped her in several ways.

I had wondered about how her relationship with her love John worked. Now I know.

Some of her best advise was on the last page. For any spanko who may be reading this, do yourself a favor: Don’t question the whys and wherefores or over-analyze to death this thing we do. Just enjoy the hell out of it. Spanking is fun and for people like us, it provides a physical and emotional fulfillment that defies explanation.

That’s enough. Order her book. I think you will find it an enjoyable read.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, B&B.

    Good question, re. childhood recall. Preparing for this book, I reread 50+ paper journals, journals in Word and blogs. It was no easy feat, painful at times. But ultimately, I'm glad for the memories. It makes me appreciate my present life all the more.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.