Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What’s a Batten?

Definition: A long strip of wood, metal, fiberglass etc, used for various purposes aboard ship, especially one inserted in a pocket sewn on the sail in order to keep the sail flat.

Our batten is wood, 18 inches long, an inch wide and 1/4 thick. It's bends a little, but is stiff.

Like several of our toys, it was discovered some years ago by Becall. She saw it and wondered how it would feel on her bottom. So I showed her. Later, she decided it would work better on her thighs than her bottom. She likes it on her inner thighs close to her tender spot. I prefer it on the front and backs of my legs.


P1130104

3 comments:

  1. I guess not all your readers are familiar with sailing. Thanks for sharing.

    I was wondering about being spanked with a batten, though as you have described it quite often. I have had two sailboats in the past and the battens on the last one were rather large. Also, I think they were made of some kind of plastic or carbon fiber and were slightly flexible. I can't imagine being spanked with one of them.

    However, your wooden one seems quite perfect for the job!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something today!

    I think I'll stick to the shoehorn, if it's all the same to you.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. You learn something new every day. Thanks.

    Would it be similar to a wooden ruler?

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated.