Foolishness since 2007

Foolishness since 2007
Foolishness since 2007

Saturday, October 10, 2009

What I Was Never Spanked With

My parents had a large houseboat when I was a kid. We spent the summers on it. My Dad would commute to work from the boat. We often motored down and tied up to the dock of their friends for a weekend. One weekend when I was about 14, we were at their friends. The adults were in the cabin and their son and I were on the houseboat, smoking. His Mother came to check on us, smelled smoke, sent me on deck, took off her wooden sandal and blistered his bottom. I thought I was going to get the same. But, I escaped with a lecture punctuated with her waving her sandal in my face. It was scary!

ladies_sandals

I don’t think I have posted any childhood stories before and I will not make a habit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated.